My Mary Wigham - Row 1

My Mary Wigham - Row 1

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Going Home

"Go rest now, precious one; your life in eternity has just begun."

So begins a poem I found on the internet this morning called Going Home, author not known.

Sylvia passed away yesterday after quite a struggle over the past few months. 
Sylvia was so much more, but I knew her as a good and sincere woman and a skilled and dedicated stitcher extraordinaire.  Her work is in a special category.

My heart-felt wishes go out to Sylvia's family and many friends.  She certainly will be missed.

I love how Sylvia's stitching legacy was summed up by Sue Fizer in the note to Western Reserve Sampler Guild:  "In her needle is her immortality."

Feel free to add your comments and feelings.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A LOVELY TRIBUTE TO A WONDERFUL LADY WHO WE WILL MISS SO MUCH. SHE WAS SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ME. HER TALENTS SO GREAT.

    ReplyDelete