My Mary Wigham - Row 1

My Mary Wigham - Row 1

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Teases and Stitching



An absolutely beautiful day here today...heading up to about 70 degrees with wall to wall sunshine and some breezes.  That is perfect in my book.  All the spring plants and trees are behind this year, but that's OK.  There is plenty of time for the hot weather.  Here is a picture of the little violas I have outside my front door in a rusty basket.  Do any of you call these Johnny Jump Ups?

I've had these out there for about a month now.  They, like me, like the cooler weather.

I have a couple of photos to share of two of Rose's finishes that gathered a boat load of ribbons at the recent Medina Needlework Show. A photo of a piece that Carol stitched. And a photo of my progress on Ann Bowers.

Anniversary Roses, or Briar Roses - Lauren Sauer.
This extra long sampler is absolutely beautiful,
and Rose's stitching of it is superb.
Obviously the judges thought so, too.

Blue Ribbon - I think that's the name of it - from Sherrie Jones - Patrick's Woods.
An amazing piece also finished superbly by Rose and
rewarded appropriately by the judges.
A really gorgeous biscornu stitched by Carol.
The pine cones were stitched for her by Rose in
detached buttonholes.
This one brought home one ribbon.




Here is my progress on Ann Bowers, the 2013 SAL from
Attic Needlework.  I am right on with the published stitching schedule.
A real victory for me.
I have a few more stitches to add and one correction,
and then I will move Ann up on the frame and
start work on an almost clean slate.
I'll miss seeing this,
but the colorful little wording and dividing lines
coming next really look fun.



This weekend I went up to Michigan with three stitching buddies and took Barbara Jackson's Looking for Lunch class, which is one of her pretty little stitched strawberries.  We had so much fun meeting up with other stitching friends for various activities over the weekend.

I did terrible in class, which is my usual M.O.  Worked on the berry yesterday, in the quiet of my own mind, and was able to do better and get things going properly.  Lots of Queen stitches, though.  They are not my strong suite, but I will get them in there one way or another!

Happy stitching, everyone.  Enjoy this day.

Bobbi

8 comments:

  1. Wow wow such sweet stitching...
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that long sampler by your friend is amazing! Congrats to her for all the ribbons. And your Anne is pretty spectacular too, I may add - great going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching. Your Ann Bowers sampler is looking great. I love the colors in it.
    I don't do well in class either, I just don't stitch well with others, LOL.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler is looking gorgeous, Bobbi!! And what beautiful stitching from your friends--a talented bunch of stitchers, I'd say :)

    And yes, my mom always called them Johnny Jump-ups, too! They are such pretty little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those pieces are stunning and sure deserved the prizes they won. I love your sampler progress. Such a pretty sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie I am working on your sampler today. I love this sampler and am thinking of you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin :) cetak buku murah wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
    https://aqurprinting.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete